- What others say about us
- How we work
- Our Experience
- What You Can Expect
- Reputation & Values
- Meet Our People
- Ali Batchelor
- Rosie Blacker
- Hannah Blackwell
- Lucy Burton
- Rebecca Callard
- Rachel Carey
- Richard Coleman
- Katie Eacock
- Simon Elliman
- Chris Evans
- Gerry Ferguson
- Tracey Furminger
- Vanessa Hill
- Naomi Isherwood
- Judith Leach
- Ben Lees
- Jennifer Mordi
- Tracy Norris-Evans
- Jonathan Ram
- Paul Rumley
- Kerstin Scheel
- Joachim Stanley
- Yolande Wase
- Arani Yogadeva
Kerstin works on a wide case load including complex and high value claims resulting from medical negligence. In addition she represents families at inquest hearings in the South West of England and Wales and handles any resulting claims for compensation.
Kerstin Scheel qualified as a solicitor in 2004. She joined The Clinical Negligence Team in January 2009 and became a Partner in 2012.
Kerstin is on the Law Society clinical negligence specialist panel, and specialises in claims for children, particularly brain injury cases and works closely with Tracey Furminger on a number of complex cases. Kerstin is also a Trustee at her local law centre and sits on an NHS Medical Ethics Research Committee.
Kerstin is named as a "Leader in her Field" by Chambers UK 2013 which describes: "One source called her "excellent, thorough, informed and very sensitive to the clients' requirements whilst retaining a correct pragmatism." Peers rate her also, with "ambitious, tenacious and visible" just some of the epithets used. She is also "renowned for her inquest work, and she is phenomenally good at organising these."
What Kerstin's clients have said about her:
"Thank you so much for everything you have done for Amanda and the family. We could not have done this without you. Thank you for believing in this case when a lot of other solicitors let us down. Truly amazing. Thank you so much for everything and I hope you know how much this means to us."
"I have been so impressed by the way in which you have handled this matter. You have been of immense help to us and we will always be extremely grateful to you. I hope you can understand that the compensation payment part of the process was not a quest for monetary gain, but more about achieving something in a wider sense. I feel that you have helped us reach a point of peaceful rest in what has been a difficult journey."
Areas of Expertise
- Inquests and fatal accident claims
- Delays in diagnosis of cancer
- Gynaecological and fertility cases
- Birth injury and Cerebral Palsy
- Wrongful birth
- Erb's Palsy
- General surgery
- Orthopaedic injuries in children, including upper limb amputations claims
- Failure to diagnose congenital dislocation of the hip (CDH) claims
Memberships & Accreditations
- Founder member of the Bristol Wrongful Death Helpline Lawyers Group.
- Specialist Lawyer’s Group of the charity INQUEST
- The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- APIL and is accredited with Senior Litigator status
- Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA)
- Member of Bristol Law Society
- Member of Bristol Medico-Legal Society
- The Law Society Clinical Negligence panel
Kerstin studied Law at the University of the West of England
Return to Top